Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Modding the Cup Racer for a Front One Way, part 1




I made a bit more progress on the Cup Racer front one way tonight. I couldn't find the right size bearing, even from Boca Bearing. But with a little creative thinking and a bench vice I came up with a bearing inside a bearing.


Start by hand pressing the inner bearing - the tolerances are great, you can get a very smooth seat before pressing it with a clamp.




The Eagle Racing front one way includes two plastic shims, use one for a nearly perfect fit in the bulk head. 







I *think* this is going to line up perfectly - the measurements with my cheapo caliper makes it look good enough for metal gears.


Next step is to drill out the bevel gear center hole to fit the one way.

Click for part2..

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting!